Ahhh - survived. Hurricane Rona and the wife. I survived.
Perhaps I have lead you astray somewhat though. You see - Scrubbie is a bit of a cook too. In fact, I sorta like the kitchen. Love cooking. Being an adult ADHD kinda guy - cooking is great 'cause I end up with a finished product immediately. And we scatter-brains get off on that sorta thing.
There is something disturbingly wrong with yesterday however. You see by the end of the night, Scrubbie's igloo was filled with scents and tastes that are just - well - fan-frackin'-awesome! Here's the rundown:
- chocolate/orange truffles dusted with cocoa and confectioners sugar with a hint of Grand Marnier oozing through each delectable morsel
- rum balls that'll make ya blow over if ya ever got stopped by the fuzz
- chocolate haystacks that are way more chocolate than they are haystacks
- "Stained Glass Windows" - weird name for a chocolate log that is chuck full of mini fruity marshmallows and peanuts and cut into slices to look like wee lil' stained glass windows
- turtle bars - caramel, chocolate, pecans and more chocolate - need I say more?
(Hurricane Rona is a chocoholic - can you tell?)
- real english toffee - a lovely concoction of a half pound of butter and 3.5 cups of white sugar - boiled up with a bit of corn syrup and poured out into a pan to harden and break apart into mouth watering shards of heavenly goodness
And, there are still ingredients left over for a couple 'a other tidbits that I am 'sposed to whip up today or tomorrow.
So - back to the disturbingly wrong portion of this rant posting. You see - I am diabetic.
You can see my dilemma.