Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary Sheri.

No layouts. No goofs. Sorry kids.

But, I need to take a moment to tell all the world that today, Sunday September 7th, Sheri and I are celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary.

21 years ago, I walked through the door of Sheri's apartment and fell in love with her in minutes. From that moment on - there was no turning back. I had found my love. My soulmate. My best friend.

Through the years, there have been hills and valleys. And, let me tell you - the valleys have been low. Losing jobs. Fear and worry over, what seemed huge at the time, birth anomalies with our son, some pretty serious illnesses, being told that our boy had only hours to live just a couple of years ago, the house burning down to the ground. But, Sheri and I faced it, lived it, and laughed through it.

Without being too high and mighty about it all... we are constantly astonished over how much couples bicker and argue. Sheri and I just don't have that. Maybe it's because we measure everything by what has gone on before. When taking that into account, the towel on the floor, or the toothpaste cap being left off just isn't the biggest problem in the world. I don't know. What I can say is that there are certainly more hugs than spats 'round our house.

Boys & Girls - I am glad that bloggers from around the world are visiting my ramblings here on the web because you are helping me to achieve a goal. That goal is to let the world know that there is no other person in this world that I would rather share my life with; no other person that I would rather share my heart with; and no other person in the world I would rather spend a moment with than Sheri.

Happy Anniversary Sheri. For the 17th time, THANK-YOU for saying "I do." Thank-you for marrying me. Thank-you for being a mom to our son. Thank you for giving me something beautiful to wake up to each and every morning. I am who I am because of you. With all my heart, with all my soul and with everything that is inside me sweetheart - I love you.

Happy Anniversary.

*********************
Bloggers... are you jealous? Too bad. Sucks to be you. I couldn't let you go away thinking that I have even a shred of decency about me. Could I. (The wife is sooooo glad she got in under the wire of me turning into the kind of person that just doesn't play nicely anymore. hehehe)

No comments: